Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stress...

Odd title for a first post. But it is a topic on my mind frequently these days. What I really wanted to do was post that popular definition of stress...you know, the one that involves choking somebody...but I decided that perhaps this might be a better outlet for something more positive.

At least I didn't succumb to the urge to just write a "welcome to my blog" message in its place...

Life is full of stress. It comes from a lot of places, but in general I have to agree that it is mostly caused by a feeling of being out of control of one's life. Therefore, it stands to reason that an effective means of combating stress might be to focus your attention on things that you can control. I guess that is what I'm trying to do here.

There are a couple of passions that I've managed to carry with me throughout my life. Though they have waned at times, I always seem to come back to them. Motorcycles are one. Photography is the other.

Lately I've been trying to rediscover the photography passion, and I figure this blog might work for a feeble attempt at documenting that rediscovery, and maybe a few other life observations along the way. Heck, maybe I'll even throw in a few things about motorcycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment