Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Most Photographed Tree

Ok, I do have to admit. There are times when you just can't argue with color.

This is probably the most photographed tree in the neighborhood. I know it is most certainly the tree I have photographed the most. It sits near the end of a culdesac that hasn't yet been built on. High end lots for the rich, with a wonderful view of the front range.


Fortunately for us, the developer went bust with the housing crash, so they have yet to build anything on the block. I frequently visit it to survey the surroundings, often coming across breathtaking sunrises, sunsets, and interesting wildlife tracks in the new fallen snow. It makes me sad though to think that sooner or later, it will end up decorating someones front yard, never to be photographed again without the signs of human habitation all around it. (If it manages to survive construction)

But for now, it makes a lovely sight, silhouetted against the orange sky.

1 comment: